Eisenmann87Featured By OwnerDec 25, 2012Hobbyist Photographer
The surface wreck of the TEMPLE HALL cargo ship in a little bay between Costa Teguise and Arrecife on the island of Lanzarote.
The TEMPLE HALL was built in 1953 by the Caledon Shipbuilding & Engineering Company Ltd. in Dundee, Scotland.
Owned by the Temple Steam Ship Company until 1969 then sold to Demetrios P. Margaronis & Sons, renamed to PANTELIS. Sold in 1970 to the Cia. Naviera Para Viajes Sud Amerika SA, sold again in 1977 to K. Mitsotakis & Sons and was renamed to TELAMON.
In 1981 the TELAMON was on its way from San Pédro(ivory coast) to Thessaloniki(greece) with a load of logs when near Lanzarote several leaks in the hull occured during a storm. The TELAMON was not allowed to enter the Arrecife harbor, because the port authority was afraid that the ship would sink and block the entire harbor. A fishing boat towed the TELAMON into the bay where it sunk on the 31st October 1981. Later the ship broke apart in the storm and was completely abandoned.